There's no greater joy than sharing.

I hope you enjoy sharing my art, my adventures and my musings. Come follow my journey.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Cintiq. Marvelous!




I practiced drawing on the Cintiq tablet last night using Painter Essentials. It's very simple, but I don't like that the layers don't lock. I'm coloring away and then find I've been painting on a layer I didn't intend to paint on. I'll play with Illustrator and Photoshop next time. Illustrator makes absolutely awesome lines and even smooths them. Erasing is pretty weird though. I have to play with that some more. Once the drawing is finished I copy into Photoshop and lock the layer. That prevents me from unintentionally painting on the drawing. The first sample was drawn and painted in Painter Essentials. I loved playing with the brushes and tools. The second was done with Illustrator and Photoshop. This was more finished than the previous sample. I'm still playing with different brushes and lines. I hope you enjoy looking at these.

No comments:

Post a Comment